Monday, December 5, 2011

Ms. Bareilles




One of my favorite people in music is Sara Bareilles. It's a borderline obsession. So, for your enjoyment (or probably just mine), here are the five best examples of her ridiculous(ly good) songwriting.

 
 1) 
Snow White is doing dishes again cause what else can you do with seven itty-bitty men?
Sends them to bed and she calls up a friend, says "Will you meet me at midnight?"
The tall blonde lets out a cry of despair,

says "Would have cut it myself if I knew men could climb hair"
I'll have to find another tower somewhere and keep away from the windows

 2) 
You wanna walk into the room like that other girl does
The one that’s always making everybody fall in love. 
You see, girl, you’re a lot like me.
She rearranges all the light in the room,

So you’re always in the shadows. 
Well that’s what it feels like to you… 
Baby, I’ve been there too.
So before you trade in your summer skin for those high heeled shoes
To make him want to be with you,
Let me remind you one more time…

That just maybe, you’re beautiful

3) 
You sound so innocent, all full of good intent, you swear you know best
But you expect me to jump up on board with you, ride off into your delusional sunset
Who cares if you disagree, you are not me
Who made you king of anything




4) 
Calling out somebody save me, I feel like I'm fading
In these deep city lights, girl could get lost tonight
I'm finding every reason to be gone,

There's nothing here to hold on to
Could I hold on to you?

 5) 
As soon as you start to make room for the parts that aren't you,
It gets harder to bloom in a garden of love
Started as a flicker meant to be a flame, skin has gotten thicker but it burns the same
Still a baby in a cradle got to take my first fall
Baby's getting next to nowhere with her back against the wall

No comments:

Post a Comment